X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cisco 837 router web configuration

Hi,

I purchased a cheap Cisco 837 router/modem as an exercise to dip my toes into iOs.
    spent a solid few hours learning the stuff;
    a. could not get into the web interface, plus i could see there was a CRWS user with an encrypted password - so even i did get into CRWS i didnt like my chances.
    b. upgraded the iOs to the latest version, which means it was not 2004 version but 2010 version, i was hoping the CRWS would be better etc.etc
    c. worked great, 'erease write' ,, well, took solid hours of tinkering as its first time
    d. still cant log into CRWS, tried all sorts of default cisco passwords; cisco/cisco , admin/admin, admin/blank.

cant seem to find any documentation on CRWS users, or CRWS passwords, have seen the cisco password recovery but that seems to be for the console and 'enable' ? or is it?

any help to get into the CRWS would be much appreciated,
    there pretty much is no config on this box, the only thing i did was, interface Ethernet0, ip 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0, and no autoshutdown on other interfaces.
    HELP

thanks for reading my post
    K 14.4 64 AMD 955be3200MHz 8GB 1866Mhz 6TB Plex/samba.etc.+ Macbook Air 13".

Take a look at Cannot access cisco 837 via CRWS
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

thanks for the tip, im familiar with that post, its mostly regarding the technology behind the CRWS,
      I think the iOs updgrade took care of that issue as it definetly looks different.
      the problem remains, the user/password / credentials for CRWS on a factory reset router

Comment

after hours of mucking around with the 837 (and not bricking it) i got a Cisco 877w and its pretty awesome compared to mainstream routers/modems (replaced Billion 7800N),
        the web interface is pretty crap and to get into it (from memory):
        router# enable
        conf term
        username admin privilege 15 password xxxx
        wr mem

and thats it,

the main thing here is if you just do : username admin password xxxx it will not work.

Comment

You'll probably get more usefull answers on a Cisco forum
          Je suis Charlie, how many more people have to die for religions
          linux user #447706 on https://linuxcounter.net
          A good place to start:
          Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers

Comment

ive tried to register on cisco forums,
            twice,
            it's such a pain, and i still cant log in there

Comment

Working...
            X