This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ktorrent's IP filter

So it seams that bluetack.co.uk has gone paid only and the auto updating of your level1.gz will not complete any more with the default address in the IP filter file line

this one seams to work

[http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=bt_level1&fileformat=p2p&archiveformat=gz]

if you know of a better one please post it

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

It downloads but I get an error - "there are no IP addresses to in convert in /home/.../.kde/share/apps/ktorrent/level1.txt

Same thing happens with the default, and a few others I've tried. So if anyone knows of one that works, that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by dtr View Post
      It downloads but I get an error - "there are no IP addresses to in convert in /home/.../.kde/share/apps/ktorrent/level1.txt

Same thing happens with the default, and a few others I've tried. So if anyone knows of one that works, that would be great.
      Hello. You need to be using KTorrent 4.3.1. That feature was broken, along with Magnet links, in earlier versions. If you are on 12.04 you will likely need to add a PPA: https://launchpad.net/~dominik-stadl...ta-precise-ppa

Hope this helps!
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dtr View Post

strang the one I posted is working @hear

@Dequire this (where I tryed the filter list I posed) is my 12.10 install with KDE-4.11.1 & Ktorrent-4.2.1 the reason the default IP filter URL no longer works is because you need a paid subscription to folow the link now ,
        and I can/have used magnet links ,,,,,,,,but do seam to remember that I had to try to load it a few times and I think (it has been a bit sence I used one) that I copyed the link and did a manual insertion insted of just clicking it

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

I see. Well I did get Riddell to backport 4.3.1, but I'm not sure 12.10 is still supported? So you might not see all the improvements :/ of which there are tons, even from 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 as you can see below.

See: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...t/+bug/1284745
          K*Digest Blog
          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

By the way, the blocklist you referenced above is working great for me. I don't need a paid sub. I assume that with only using secure connections, along with that basic blocklist AND runniing KTorrent through a proxy, I'm pretty safe
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
              By the way, the blocklist you referenced above is working great for me. I don't need a paid sub.
              ?? what the bluetack.co.uk one works for you?

let me go to the 14.04 install and see what I have their .

VINNY
              16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
              X