This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

configuring kde panels

I've recently tried a distro based on Kubuntu. It allowed me to add a second panel but not to configure the second panel - for example, change its position, length and width and hiding options.

I'm now considering another distro based on Kubuntu and want to find out whether the omission of the ability to configure panels (other than the main panel) is part of Kubuntu.

I cannot find the information. Does anyone know the answer?

Re: configuring kde panels

What kind of panel did you add? AFAIK, you can configure panels freely. Also try to check if the panels are locked (right-click panel > Lock/Unlock Panels).
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Hi. I just added using right-click on the main panel > context menu: Add to panel >panel >panel.

When I then right-clicked on the second panel and selected "Configure Panel", I got the correct dialogue. Normally, there is a reference such as "Settings for" and then a dropdown list of panels.

In the distro in question, there was no such list. You could use the dialogue only to configure the main panel. 'strawdinary.

So, it's not a Kubuntu thing?

Comment

Nope. Not a Kubuntu thing. At least, not a normal Kubuntu thing.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Many thanks. BTW, the link in your sig is wrong - there is an extra character: "

Comment

lol! thanks for pointing that out. That's not even my active blog anymore... I often forget to update my sigs... @_@
            Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
            X