X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately need to buy a colour printer scanner

My HP 1210 finally just quit.

And there are no replacements to be found.

So, I will have to purchase a "new printer/scanner combo".

I DETEST going to the box stores to purchase overpriced ink.

So, I always purchase my ink at.....Cartridge World ..."afer all it's JUST INK!" as they say! lol

What I am requesting is comments on an HP, or maybe some other brand, printer scanner which:

a) the user knows works and is probably using
    b) POSSIBLY has a cartridge system that does not have a "chip" in it so that the cartridges can be refilled.

Probably a lot to ask, but I'm putting it out there.

woodsmoke

I have an HP Officejet. My local consumer org worked out that after some modest number of pages it was cheapest per page. The ink cartridges seem not to subsidize the printer, so the HP ones are a reasonable price. The only down is its noisy fussiness starting and finishing. To answer your question, it will continue to print after it believes the cartridge is empty, sometimes for a long while.

Regards, John Little
    Regards, John Little

Comment

http://linuxhcl.com/browse/search?of...-by=&keywords=

Or better yet...

http://linuxhcl.com/browse/search?of...x=on&keywords=
      Last edited by tek_heretik; Jun 03, 2013, 03:45 AM.

Comment

I've never gone wrong with either HP or Epson, right now I have an HP 1350 and in the office I've successfully hooked up to some OfficeJet Pro's.
        The last have a fairly large ink tank, don't know if they're chipped.

Comment

I have a very nice HP 8600 PRO Plus. They claim 1.6c per page if you print in black and white only mode which makes it cheaper than a laser. I usually also print in duplex mode thus saving paper as well. The cartridges are chipped and the model is new. I have read that some after-market or refilled cartridges won't work but they are working on fooling the printer into allowing it to continue to print even though the chip reads empty. It does duplex scanning as well as printing and I got it for $213 delivered.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.
            I think the best option now is to check with Cartridge Plus and get their opinions.
            I, personally, have has a Brother which worked marvelously with Linux and donated it to a fellow Linux person, at another forum, but have always stuck with HP.
            So now, the decision is which one will play most nice in terms of the chip.
            thanks again.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
            X