This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you find Klipper useful?

Personally I don;t see much use for it, but maybe some one can enlighten me.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
    Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
    Graphics Card: MSI R7770
    Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
    Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
    PSU: Corsair 520HX
    Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
    Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
    Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

I find it really useful for forums, especially when doing multiple quotes in a single post. I highlight some text I intend to quote, then highlight the next block, and so on. Then when I'm ready to write my post, I can click the quote button several times and use Klipper to choose which text selection to paste into the various quote tags.
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
      I find it really useful for forums, especially when doing multiple quotes in a single post. I highlight some text I intend to quote, then highlight the next block, and so on. Then when I'm ready to write my post, I can click the quote button several times and use Klipper to choose which text selection to paste into the various quote tags.
      Thanks for the response, but I don't get it. Why not just click the multi-quote button, hit reply, delete any text you don't want to quote?
      CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
      Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
      Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
      Graphics Card: MSI R7770
      Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
      Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
      PSU: Corsair 520HX
      Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
      Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
      Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

Not useful, extremely useful!
        http://martys.typepad.com/blog/2011/...i-klipper.html

Basically it is a history of your clipboard but it can do much more. Very important thing is that the contents persist between sessions, so if you have something in your clipboard, you log off/reboot/shutdown and then you log back in, you still have your whole clipboard history ready and the most recent entry already in clipboard, so you can paste it immediately.
        sigpic

Comment

I wrote a service menu that checks MD5SUM and puts it on the klipboard. Also the Dropbox service menu uses it. Very useful IMO.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Xplorer4x4 View Post
            Thanks for the response, but I don't get it. Why not just click the multi-quote button, hit reply, delete any text you don't want to quote?
            Different people have different preferred workflows, I guess.

Also, I may not be quoting from other posts in the forum... I may be quoting from one or more other sites.
            Last edited by HalationEffect; Aug 01, 2012, 07:33 AM.
            sigpic
            "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
            -- Douglas Adams

Comment

If there was not something like Klipper, I would probably go back to Windows (brrr) or start using OSX. I guess that's as strong a I can say it. I write tutorials and I really use it all of the time. I've about 50 entries in it, and that works really very fast and easy.

Comment

Working...
              X