Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mozilla loves Microsoft, hates Google???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mozilla loves Microsoft, hates Google???

I noticed something new this morning. With an email open in Thunderbird, I highlighted a bit of a message, right-clicked and selected "Search the web for: ..." This opened a new tab in Thunderbird that had Bing as the search engine! Gross! I try to avoid Microslop products like a kid with a severe peanut allergy avoids PayDay bars.

Not only that, I come to find out that you can't even select Google as a search engine - Yahoo, Wiki, AOL (they still exist?), Amazon, EBay, Twitter, but no Google!

Turns out it has something to do with Mozilla and Google not having an agreement. Shady though, that Mozilla doesn't announce this and have a simple way for the user to install it. There is an add-on but you have to search for it.

Please Read Me

Wow. I wonder whether this is a harbinger of future turmoil. 84% of Mozilla’s revenue comes from Google, as Google is the default search engine for Firefox. This places Mozilla in a truly precarious position, and essentially turns them into a Google slave. But now we're apparently seeing something different in Thunderbird...?

Comment

It's over half a year ago that Mozilla got into a deal with Microsoft to sport Bing as search engine.
      Warning: Shocking Photo,
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1033532.html

Comment

This is a family-friendly forum! No posting that sort of thing.

I guess I'm going to have to find a new email client.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
          It's over half a year ago that Mozilla got into a deal with Microsoft to sport Bing as search engine.
          Warning: Shocking Photo,
          http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1033532.html
          "Firefox with Bing?" Never heard of that. Apparently, neither has much of the Internet: if you Google "link:firefoxwithbing.com" a grand total of 28 pages come back. And, of course, visiting that site with a Linux PC returns only:

Comment

Working...
          X