This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu active plasma

I am feeling kind of bored today so I thought I would check out kubuntu active plasma.

I saw the videos by Steve and woodsmoke. Like

Anyway, I saw kubuntu-active in synaptic (yes I still use that) and thought I would like to play with that on my laptop.

The question I have is this: will installing kubuntu-active give me a choice of using active-plasma at log in or will it replace my kubuntu 12.04 DT?

Any ideas before I continue with this?
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Originally posted by Fintan View Post
    I am feeling kind of bored today so I thought I would check out kubuntu active plasma.

I saw the videos by Steve and woodsmoke. Like

Anyway, I saw kubuntu-active in synaptic (yes I still use that) and thought I would like to play with that on my laptop.

The question I have is this: will installing kubuntu-active give me a choice of using active-plasma at log in or will it replace my kubuntu 12.04 DT?

Any ideas before I continue with this?
    Why not just install it in a separate partition? It's always safer to quarantine an OS for testing in its own partition.

If you have a powerful PC, you could also do a virtual machine (VirtualBox or something)...

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
    and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Working...
    X