This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using Midori on Precise?

Just taking Midori Web Browser for a spin and I'm amazed at how fast it is but not yet sure whether it's a replacement for my trusty Firefox though.
    Having some small niggling issues with 'absent icons' on the toolbar and font selections/rendering not appearing correctly.
    Seemingly KDE integration woes...

Anyone have any experience getting these things right on Kubuntu?
    Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

An inquiring mind wants to know... why run a Gtk-based browser on KDE?

Rekonq is getting very good. I'm using, as my daily driver, version 0.9.55 from the KDE Goodies PPA. Verrrrrrry nice.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      An inquiring mind wants to know... why run a Gtk-based browser on KDE?

Rekonq is getting very good. I'm using, as my daily driver, version 0.9.55 from the KDE Goodies PPA. Verrrrrrry nice.
      Good points...

Regarding Rekonq the lack of access to history pages when one doesn't want a history-side panel showing is a let-down, or is there a means to add a toolbar icon/dropdownlist?

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Can get close. [Ctrl]+H shows/hides the history panel, and you can add an toobar icon to do the same thing. But there is no true history dropdown function.

Comment

I can see myself putting in a request to the developer then.
          Thank you for the info

Comment

You can add a toolbar icon that provides a bookmark dropdown, so I suspect implementing something similar for the history wouldn't be too difficult.

Comment

I could even live with a dropdown list from the address bar for more recent history. But no go here...

Comment

Would this work, sort-of? Configure the new tab behavior to display the history:

...then when you want to see the history, just click the new tab icon:

Comment

Working...
                X