This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Personas" for Firefox.

This is just quite amazing to me and I had no clue that it had/is occurred/ing.

I have never been "into themes" for the browser, going back to the days of the Lycos browser.

But, when I was wandering around in addons for FF I saw themes and gave them a look and found.... PERSONAS.

Some of them are static but many are animated and they are GOOD animations.

And they don't eat up cpu cycles too much either.

The "groovy blue" which goes very well with my blue background that is NOT animated takes about 25% which is the normal for FF.

The animated one of Snoopy typing his manuscript on the doghouse kicks the normal up to about 28.

The animated waterfall kicks it up to about 35, I assume because the size of the animated section is larger.

Not all of the theme is animated.

If you work from the Persona's site, as opposed to working through FF addons, when you "mouse over" the image of a theme, it is called "wearing" the theme, it appears immmediately on the browser. If you do not "undo" then it installs.

The themes are activated immediately and do not interrupt normal operation of FF and FF does not have to be restarted.

One should compare this to CairoDock when sitting still using 0 but when being configured uses 19 or more.

So, to a certain extent, if one normally worries about CPU cycle allocation then the animated themes are possibly to be eschewed; but the static one are so much better than the "normal" ones that one sees touted that I think it might be an idea for folks to take a look see.

http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/

woodsmoke
Working...
X