This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libreoffice Menu problem(SOLVED)

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this but (I think) since installing 11.10 I have had issues with Libreoffice menus and wizards. I attach a screenshot. If you know where the various options are, then the functions generally still work (with 1 exception that I know of) but it's not great.

The exception to the above is an impress slideshow, which won't work at all - I just get a black screen.

Anyone else suffered from this and, importantly, have you found a fix?

Many thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Libreoffice Menu problem

no I dont see that ...........mine seems to work.

just made a slide show to test it and it came out as expected(first one ever) and all menu's are their

Kubuntu 11.10 KDE-4.7.4

LibreOffice 3.4.4
    OOO340m1 (Build:402)

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Hi Vinny, thanks for the input.

I have partly solved it - LO doesn't appear one of my desktop effects - not sure which one- as turning them off makes the menu text come back.

However, even after turning off the effects and creating a new profile the slideshow function does not work. In fact the computer effectively freezes. All that works is the right click button. The keyboard also seems to work with which I can select ctrl+Esc to shut LO down. That makes me suspect X.

By way of update - have updated my video drivers (intel) to the edgers ppa packages with no change. Also launching Libreoffice with kdesudo and trying to do the slideshow as root still freezes and I have to close libreoffice with CTRL+ESC.

Openoffice is looking attractive right now

Comment

Hi
        it's just a thought but having the bar with the stock images open always slowed OO down, which would, possibly, slow down the painting of the rest of the application. So I only have it open when necessary.

just a thought.

woodsmoke

Comment

Hi

Haven't had much time to mess around over the festive season- my family wanted my attention - selfish or what

Anyway, the menu issue (which also included the open/save dialog boxes) has carried forward to 4.8 RC. I have been able to resolve this by turning off screen font anti-aliasing within the libreoffice dialogs (which now makes it all rather ugly).

The slideshow still doesn't work, although rather than a forced shutdown I can right click and "stop" the slideshow and then work normally. This is all very strange as everything works from the live CD. Looks like a purge/reinstall is on the cards.

Comment

Re: Libreoffice Menu problem(SOLVED)

Found I had the same issue in another program and in another (that I knew worked) on launch I was just getting a white screen. I was convinced it was a graphics issue, and thought it might be because I was using the xorg-edgers packages.

I downgraded to the official packages - at least that's what I thought. I must have overlooked something as on reboot I got the dreaded black screen.

After an hour spent messing about in recovery mode I concluded it was easier to do a reinstall. I'm now running 11.10 with KDE 4.8rc2 with none of the issues referred to in this thread, so it's fixed. Should have done it weeks ago!

Comment

Working...
            X