This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktp theme is messing somehow with Firefox

Hi guys, since I'm not really sure where else this topic might fit I'm posting it here and hope some of you will help wit the issue.
    I'm with Firefox as preffered browser and it works just fine except that every time I'm applying a dark theme on my desktop it somehow affects Firefox fill-in forms color, fonts color etc. see the files attached.
    Is there anyone with same or similar issue experienced and more important with a solution. Can't find anything on the web.. Any help or advice will be appreciated. Thank you! )
    Attached Files

Re: Desktp theme is messing somehow with Firefox

go to system settings>colors>colors and change what you want

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

It might also just be the known GTK+ Appearance problem with 'certain' Gnome applications when first installed/run in KDE.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
        go to system settings>colors>colors and change what you want

VINNY
        Thanks, have tried already but every change in color settings applies on the current theme which I don't want

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          It might also just be the known GTK+ Appearance problem with 'certain' Gnome applications when first installed/run in KDE.
          Is there something to do that might work out?

Comment

If I remember the steps....

With Firefox running, go to System Settings > Application Appearance > GTK+ Appearance and change Widget style from oxygen-gtk to Raleigh and click Apply. Then shut down Firefox and relaunch it. Then change Widget style back to oxygen-gtk. Shut down Firefox and relaunch it.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
              If I remember the steps....

With Firefox running, go to System Settings > Application Appearance > GTK+ Appearance and change Widget style from oxygen-gtk to Raleigh and click Apply. Then shut down Firefox and relaunch it. Then change Widget style back to oxygen-gtk. Shut down Firefox and relaunch it.
              Thanks, but it didn't work. Interesting is that the problem wasn't there with Chromium... I'll keep looking for a solution, however

Comment

Had the same issues myself when I tried out some dark themes for my desktop.

There is a way of fixing it for Firefox, with some effort: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=873486

The fix is a little old (aimed at Firefox 3.x) but it *should* still work for current versions.
                sigpic
                "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
                -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect
                  Had the same issues myself when I tried out some dark themes for my desktop.

There is a way of fixing it for Firefox, with some effort: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=873486

The fix is a little old (aimed at Firefox 3.x) but it *should* still work for current versions.
                  Thanks a lot HalationEffect! This seems a solution.
                  After trying the above advice "System Settings > Application Appearance > GTK+ Appearance and change Widget style from oxygen-gtk to Raleigh and click Apply. Then shut down Firefox and relaunch it. Then change Widget style back to oxygen-gtk. Shut down Firefox and relaunch it." Firefox has started behave even much more strange: now it cannot deal with downloading torrent links and files... I think I'll stick with Chromium.

Should I mark this topic as "Closed" now? (it's my first post here)

Comment

Working...
                  X