This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Music Store?

Anyone having success with Amazon Music Store? The downloader is for 9.10 but doesn't install with 11.10 due to a dependency problem. Any ideas of a fix?

I ask this because Amarok is moving towards an integrated Amazon Music Store - contained in the 2.5 beta. However, selecting a track/album currently launches the download page in a browser, but without the downloader you can't buy or download an album.

The Amarok devs tell me that an in-app downloader (a la iTunes) is expected for Amarok 2.6. My question is whether anyone is currently able to buy albums fro Amazon and if so how.

Many thanks

Ian

Re: Amazon Music Store?

An Amazon downloader comes with Banshee, and it works for me. Also, it looks like Clamz is still available, but I haven't used it for a couple of releases.

Comment

I bought some MP3's through Amazon, and also ran into the same dependency problems. Had to switch over to Windows just to get the files.

-1 For Amazon not offering the latest Linux packages.

However +1 for at least thinking of supporting Linux

and additional +1 for offering DRM free music files, and at a reasonable price.

so overall I'm pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Noble
        An Amazon downloader comes with Banshee, and it works for me. Also, it looks like Clamz is still available, but I haven't used it for a couple of releases.
        I just installed clamz and was able to download a couple of mp3 tracks from Amazon. Running 11.04 64-bit.

Comment

Working...
        X