This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can KDE run on a P2-350

Have a quick question. Is it possible to run KDE on a P2-350 with 128megs of pc133 ram. Also is there a way of making KDE lighter on resources im looking for comparable performace to win 98 which is on it now. Lastly does Kubuntu have sis support?
    "I Come From the Net, through Systems, Peoples and cities...to this place, MAINFRAME, My format, Guardian, to mend and defend, to protect my new found freinds, thier hopes and dreams, to defend them from...Thier enemies"

Re: can KDE run on a P2-350

Is it possible? Yes. I've run KDE on 128 MB of RAM... it's super-slow, though. I'd advise you try XFCE4 instead of KDE or Gnome. It's a wonderful desktop environment, and it's really light.
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

check this http://kubuntuforums.net/index.php?topic=403.0
      cheers!
      -=|From the desk of|=-
      «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
      «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
      «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
      Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

I'm running KDE 3.5 B1 on a slow computer (Pentium II, 128MB RAM). and it runs fine. With me having Konqueror, Konversation, Kopete and KDevelop3 almost all at the same time 8)

Comment

Originally posted by aysiu
          Is it possible? Yes. I've run KDE on 128 MB of RAM... it's super-slow, though. I'd advise you try XFCE4 instead of KDE or Gnome. It's a wonderful desktop environment, and it's really light.
          Agreed..
          If you can upgrade the RAM to 256 or better you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
          X