X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wine or V-Box

Originally posted by oshunluvr
    I pre-ordered this game: OilRush because it came in native linux format.

Cool graphics and audio too. I'm really too busy for much gaming right now, but once in a while I steal a few minutes.
    That game is made by Indi. A WWII FPS called "Enemy Territory" is in the repository. I'm not into shoot'm ups but I installed that to see how good the graphics was. One word -- FANTASTIC! No, two words -- Fantastic and FAST!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      Caution! ...and the 32-bit version puked up an error about the architecture of my 32-bit Toshiba NB205.

On 64-bit, I accepted the upgrade from 3.1.4, and promptly lost the ability to bridge or NAT network the VM. I was forced to reinstall 3.1.4 on two computers to get back to a networked VM.

There are no other reports of these bugs yet -- I feel like the "canary in the coal mine" at this point. But my advice is to stick to 3.1.4 until there's a convincing story to support upgrading to Player 4.
      Okie dokie, sounds like I'll stick with my V-Box VM for a little while then.

Comment

Here's the second canary: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/330238?tstart=0

Comment

Working...
        X