This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror vs Rekonq

I downloaded kubuntu-full, and that installed the Konqueror browser. Which one is better: Konqeror or Rekonq and Dolphin?
    • Which one integrates better into KDE?
    • Which one is faster?
    • Which one is more powerful?
    • Which one is better in general?

Re: Konqueror vs Rekonq

Konqueror and Reqonk are 'browsers' and Dolphin is a 'file manager', so you can't compare K and R with D.

Kand R both integrate with KDE - they were both written for KDE.

Which is faster is open to debate, but I think that R responds a bit faster.
    Which is more powerful? In what regard?

The last question is subjective, so what some say, won't be what all say.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

If all you want is a "browser" or a "file system" browser, then R or K are equivalent except in that R is somewhat faster(to moi, possibly not others) and "probably" more secure.

But...I.....at least....and I am just a simple guy you must remember....can't watch HALO Reach and download the video using Video Download Helper.... so...for me...it, and Konqueror, are both non-starters except as "browsers" and "file system browsers".

It is all dependent on......

What you want to DO..... as opposed to what the particular browser ..."will" do....is the index of importance to moi...

woodsmoke

Comment

Dolphin: file manager only, supporting KIO slaves to open ftp, sftp, svn, etc...
        Rekonq: web browser only, with very simple file browsing support (just seeing files, no copy & paste, etc..)
        Konqueror: does it all.

In other words, if you could use the qt-webkit part in a Dolphin tab, it would be the *new* and *improved* Konqueror.

I'm a webdeveloper and am stuck with Konqueror because in the same window i can have websties, local files, ftp files or whatever is that i need open. The main problem with it currently is, if you are using the webkit engine, stability. If you are using the khtml engine, its ridiculously slow and behind any other engine on *new cool stuff* support.

I just pray for Dolphin developers to support qt-webkit, but it's very unlikely.

Comment

hi gonssal

And welcome to a very friendly forum!

If you would care to expand/expound on any topics about which you have expertise, I am quite sure that the denizens of the forum would give them a good perusal.

Again, welcome!

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
          X