This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromium-browser

I tend to 'pull up the rear' in things Linux, and in this case, I just installed Chromium-browser and am giving it a whirl. Why? Because of site compatibility issues with both Rekonq and Konqueror. So, decided to see how Chromium would fare. I'm so far, impressed. The site issues experienced using Rekonq and/or Konqueror are not realized with Chromium. Think I'll use if for awhile as my main WWW browser and see just how much I like it.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Chromium-browser

If you need add ons, almost all of the Google Chrome extensions work with chromium.

Comment

I've been using chromium-browser for at least two years now, exclusively. No regrets -- it's light and it works good. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
        -- it's light and it works good. 8)
        That Chromium is "Written in C++ and Assembly" piqued my interest. It loads faster and seems to respond faster than Reqonk and/or Konqueror. It has no problems with my Flash 'acid test' site - my online crossword puzzle - so I'm going to keep using it for my primary browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
          If you need add ons, almost all of the Google Chrome extensions work with chromium.
          Cool. Installed AdBlock and bookmarked the Chrome Web Store.

Comment

If you occasionally hit a web page that won't load, temporarily disable Ad Block. Ditto for Flash Block which I also have installed.

Comment

I use the dev Chrome and I have been really impressed, especially when it comes to flash. Some pbskids.org games will get Firefox to 70C really quick but Chrome stays steady at 35C.

I would be interested in knowing how well Chromium performs next to Firefox in flash games, if anyone cares to share... same?

Comment

Chrome/chromium really is an excellent browser, but I just can't live without all the extensions firefox gives you, that being said I use the bbc iplayer a lot and that crashes firefox/reqonk/konqueror, but is as stable as can be in chromium, so I keep both around but chromium winds hands down for speed.

Comment

I use Chromium, Firefox and Konqueror at different times for different reasons.

Played with HTML5 for a while and found Chromium is best for that. google has that dialed in.
                  Once in a while Chromium gives an "AWw Snap" message at a page failure that works fine with FF. Haven't figured that out yet.

Still can't live without Konqueror for it's Swiss army knife ability. Website in one tab, file manager in another, or split a window and use one side as webpage and the other as file manager. Or file manager on one side with FTP on the other. Drag and drop all over the place. Seems to be no limit how many times you can split horizontal and or vertical, one split is generally all I need for my usage.

Rekonq? I don't get it. What's the point? Never use it.

Ken
                  Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Working...
                  X