This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung AirTrak sound system

Due to changed circumstances in my life I am now sans my original home theatre system and have opted for a smaller setup.

At Sears I purchased, on sale, last year's model of this dingus the price was 116 buckolas USD:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0elBnJW...=detailed_info

I will say, up front, that I do NOT have the "deep bass" of my former system, but ......the really spectacular "separation and stereo effect" of the bar is rather stunning.

I don't hear airplanes flying over my shoulder from behind very well, but I do hear people walking around to the right or left very well.

The "sound options" of "music" "news" "drama" etc. work very well and change "on the fly" so you can pick the best option quickly.

The wireless bass does work, but, like I said, it is not nearly as deep or full as my original wired system.

It has both the normal jacks and I have used them with my computer to play games etc. The sound is not "spectacular" but much better than any computer speaker system that I have listened to.

The t.v. is sound out with HDMI and apparently HDMI drivers are just fine for Linux. I haven't an HDMI sound card so can't test it.

If anyone has comments on HDMI out on a similar system, please post them if you would.

I did not hang my system on the wall, I sat it on the t.v. table just below the screen.

discussion of HDMI drivers for Linux

I have the 9800 card ( with NO HDMI out) and Kubuntu has drivers for it, which must be installed AFTER gettting the OS up and running with an older card(at least in my experience). However others seem to not have had that problem.

link to the NVIDIA 9800 card with HDMI out

woodsmoke

Re: Samsung AirTrak sound system

Nice to see you back with us.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X