X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Temp files on Desktop

Lo Guys ,

I have a very irritating little problem. I have a few plain txt files on my Desktop that I use to scribble things down. My problem is the temp (filename~) files that are created when working with these files. Once I am done and saved and closed the file , those temp files (filename~) stay on the desktop. I continuously have to manually delete them. Isn't there a way to get these temp files to delete automatically when I saved and closed the original file ?

Thanx

Kubuntu 11.04 - 64bit

Re: Temp files on Desktop

I picked up now it's in any folder I work , not only on the desktop. And it seems to be only txt files. I checked the xls and doc files and they are not doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazal
      Isn't there a way to get these temp files to delete automatically when I saved and closed the original file ?
      I think you'll find they're backup files and contain the previous version of a file in case you need to go back to it. You didn't say which text editor you are using but you'll probably find an option in the settings that will turn this "feature" off.

Comment

I will have a look thanx. I just right-click and choose create new txt document so it will be the default editor.

Comment

If you use Kate (Kubuntu default txt editor), in default settings the software will keep a backup.
          To disable the option, go to Configure Kare > Editor Component > Open/Save > Advanced.
          Single boot Kubuntu12.04 on Zepto NoxA14 Intel Dual Core 2GHz (64-bit), RAM 4Go, Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT

Comment

Originally posted by kln
            If you use Kate (Kubuntu default txt editor), in default settings the software will keep a backup.
            To disable the option, go to Configure Kare > Editor Component > Open/Save > Advanced.
            Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X