X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Kate file association question - fireftp - Firefox add-on

Hi all,

First time user after three years with Ubuntu Gnome - not overly keen on Unity, loving KDE.

I use fireftp as my add-on for file transfres in Firefox. When I want to associate a text editor in gnome for fireftp, I just add /usr/bin/gedit as the file path in the text box provided in fireftp. In KDE I can't seem to associate Kate text editor at all in fireftp.

This is the file path I am entering into the file assocation text box but no luck calling Kate up...

/usr/share/applications/kde4/kate.desktop

I can click on my panel icon and start up Kate and then open a file that way but just want to know the right file path.

Thanks.

Re: Kate file association question - fireftp - Firefox add-on

Originally posted by orographic

/usr/share/applications/kde4/kate.desktop
    Use:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/kate
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks heaps, I was sure that I tried that too but your path worked perfectly.

Thanks to all that work on Kubuntu and this community too. I looked at KDE some years ago in PCLOS and its come a long way.

Comment

Happy to be of assistance. *buntu is the only Linux OS that I've used, with Kubuntu being preferred. As you see from my sig line info, I'm triple-booting.

Welcome to KFN. We are a small but active Kubuntu community.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X