This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] SSH Problems

I just recently moved and seem to be having trouble with SSH now. I also upgraded to Natty, although I don't think that is the problem.

I have 3 computers that I need to be able to SSH between. Computers 1 and 2 are on an internal network and computer 3 is in another state.

I can easily SSH between computers 1 and 2 (both ways) using the internal IP. I can't seem to SSH into my internal network from computer 3. I configured port forwarding to point to computer 1 on the port I use for SSH. I then tried to SSH from computer 2 to computer 1 using the external IP to test port forwarding and I just get a timeout error.

I've done many searches on this issue but haven't yet found anything that works. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: [SOLVED] SSH Problems

It seems I was just 1 search away from finding my answer. Apparently my router was set to ignore this request (oddly, I never had an issue with this previously - and I don't recall ever changing my router settings).

If anyone has the following error:
    Code:
    ssh: connect to host XX.YY.ZZ.SS port RR: Connection timed out
    ...while trying to use a computer on your internal network to talk to another computer on your internal network by using your external IP with port forwarding then check your router settings. I use a Linksys WRT54GL and had to UNCHECK "Security > Firewall > Filter Internet NAT Redirection".

Hope someone else found this useful.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] SSH Problems

Good job - and thanks for posting back your solution and adding "Solved." Nice to hear from a good forum citizen.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X