Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Setup and VPN and access that VPN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Setup and VPN and access that VPN.

INTRO:

Hi been long time around here but never posted a topic like this...

Has nothing to do with Kubuntu just network knowledge.

Synopsis:

So lets start, I work for a company that codes the programs for the bank ATM, Im a student and I working for 3 months there, and right now Im stuck on something, so I would be GREATFULL if someone can throw some light on this topic and help me out to learn about this.

Objective:

The thing is that I have to set up an VPN between 2 LAN´s of diferent company´s.
    We want to set up a tunnel between 2 vpn, one on each company making all connection go trough the VPN. We want to make a more efficient connection and not be a 1 o 1 connection like teamviewer would be or remote control, plan on connection from one client to all others witout need of a special key for each client or something like that.

Done so Far:

I have downloaded Debian Sqeez 6 in netinstall and in a server we have called CASIOPEA (running windows server 2003) and installed in the virtual machine server, I didnt install the gnome or any other interface, so i work in TERMINAL , I have set up an static IP.

Any ideas on how can I do this please?? Help and Ideas are much apreciated plz.

Thanks, Cheers Kira.

Re: How to Setup and VPN and access that VPN.

The easiest and fastest way is going to buy VLAN capable routers for each end.

I don't know what the current models are, but a few months ago an example was the

Linksys/Cisco RVL200, which allows 16 VLAN tunnels.

It uses IPsec VPN, for which you can use Kubuntu's Kvpnc (sudo apt-get install kvpnc) as a frontend to the vpnc package for Cisco's IPsec (sudo apt-get install vpnc).

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
    and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Working...
    X