This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wacom Bamboo tablet

So, I have here a Wacom pen tablet thing, called a Bamboo. Its pretty nifty, and I tried it on my moms computer which she's running Windows7 on it. I plugged it into my Linux machine and...nothing. Nothing popped up or anything. So I figured that something[s?] up with either it being completely not compatible, or Maverick isn't finding it. I'm hoping its the latter, for its really cool and I'd like to get to use it more. I looked at the site to see if it was Windows only, and the site said that it worked with XP, 7, and MAC OS 10.4 and 10.5. I figured that since it works for the MAC, it should in theory be made to work with Linux as well[due to the Unix similarities]. That said, does anybody know where I can start from? I wouldn't know what to do to try and make it work or to at least have my computer recognize it to some degree. thanks for help/input in advance!
    Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Re: Wacom Bamboo tablet

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom/LatestDriver
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1515562

lots of info out there, not sure what is relevant or compatible with maverick, though the top link probably is current.

Comment

This will be a lot more helpful then the blind running I was doing earlier. I tried to build from source[tar.bz2 is source, correct?] the drivers and well...it didn't work. That much I can say, haha. OH, since I'm commenting on the source thing, if it fails, is that it? Nothing sketchy half-way installed or anything[such as a notorious OS we know of]?

I shall post on my success/failure of this momentarily.
      Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

try the ppa, it has the compiled packages you need, and can be uninstalled if they don't work.

Comment

Yep, the ppa did the trick. Glad that I didn't have to compile it and what not thanks for the help claydoh!

Comment

I've got one was not and am not happy with what it does compared even to Vista.

woodsmoke

Comment

I have a wacom bamboo too, I had some trouble to set it up at first (~1 y ago), but now it more or less work out of the box. I haven't had time to use it lately so I haven't recently calibrated it for best performance, I know that it *work*, but fine tuning is essential in these matters. ( I haven't compared it to windows however)

my 2 cents

/Jonas
              ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
              Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
              Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
              Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
              - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
              >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
              X