X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using a three screen system

Hello,
    i have a problem to setup the resolutions for my screens. I'm using the 1024 MB ATI Radeon HD 5670. It has a DVI, a HDMI and a displayport. I'm using the HDMI and DVI ports and the VGA port of my onboard graphic-chip. The display at the HDMI port should use the 1920x1080 resolution, the other should use 1024x768. The screen at the onboard-chip shows nothing but this isn't the main issue. The problem is, i can configure the resolution and the position of the screens, but when I reboot it's reseted. I have no xorg.conf in my /etc/X11 folder and i have no idea how to set one up.
    Please excuse my bad english, i'm from germany and english isn't my best subject. If i overlooked any thread, that holds a solution for my problem it would be nice if you could give me a link. If you need any more informations pleas tell me and i'll do my best to find it out.
    Greez and thanks in advance.
    The false priest

Re: using a three screen system

There are several ways to solve this.

If you are using xrandr you can put the instructions in /etc/rc.local or /etc/X11/Xsession.

If you wish to create an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, you should see if you can find an example on the internet (I use nvidia - sorry!) and edit it to get your settings.

More information would be helpful - start with listing the exact steps you take to get your settings the way you want and list the output of xrandr -q (in a konsole terminal)

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X