This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Help Running On A Netbook

i have a netbook that i bought it has ubuntu on it. the guy i bought it from has a password that he doesnt remember on it. so i can not download anything w/o the password. so i decided to run kubuntu but i need to know which version and how to put it on a usb drive. i will download it on a windows operating system and transfer to usb from there. but please remember im new and need it put to me as basic as possible lol.

Re: I Need Help Running On A Netbook

from windows. you can get unetbootin to make a usb startup disk

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/ <- unetbootin home page
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: I Need Help Running On A Netbook

If it has grub installed you can cold boot it and hold the Shift key down until grub appears. Then choose the second line of the grub entry (should be the recovery option line). When the blue and red console screen menu appears arrow down to the "root with network" and tab to the "OK" key and press Enter. It doesn't matter if the network connects or not.

After a while you will get the root prompt: #
      Type "passwd accountname" and press the enter key. Replace accountname with your real account name.
      You will be prompted for a password twice. Enter the same password both times.
      Reboot.
      Choose the Linux boot option. Enter the password you created above.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X