Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDF viewer with annotation saving abilities?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDF viewer with annotation saving abilities?

Don't get me wrong, I love Okular. But, after editing a paper for almost 2 hours last night I realized that I can't save my annotations in a format that is compatible with those not using okular. I could only save it as a .okular file. Pretty useless!

I did some searching to find a reader that can do this for me. I always thought it was a common feature; even the free edition of Adobe Acrobat Reader has it.

Any suggestions from anyone for a PDF viewer that can save annotations in PDF format?
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Re: PDF viewer with annotation saving abilities?

Well, it looks like the Adobe product AcroRead is my only choice here.

I was hoping to avoid using that company's products.
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200

Comment

You can import PDF files into OpenOffice and make a hybrid PDF/OpenOffice document, if that is of any use to you.

It essentially imports the PDF document as an image into an OpenOffice document; the annotations are then made with OpenOffice.

See:

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Maverick...nOffice_Writer

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
      and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

That addresses half of my issue. But my annotations (comments) on the PDF aren't saved in the PDF in a way that a reader using Windows or Mac can access.

Either way, my solution is just to use the school computers and the wonderful MSOffice2010. Ugh.

I'm petitioning my university to install openoffice on their computers.

Comment

Working...
        X