Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Linux apps that let you convert a file into PDF's?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Linux apps that let you convert a file into PDF's?

OK, now I'm going to explain myself. I don't need to convert a single file to a PDF one but let's say 50 PNG to a single PDF. Does convert allow me to do that?

It's kind of important to me to some extend because I want to make a comic book or graphic novel of my own and to be able to save it as a PDF or anything else.
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

ImageMagick will do what you are wanting. That said, I don't know the commands, but you will find what you are looking for in the ImageMagick v6 Examples -- Image File Handling section of the FAQ.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It does seem like ImageMagic is a good solution. However, I still want to put in a good word for Ooo. It is very capable. I have used it to do a whole newspaper and that without doing it their way and going through a whole learning curve. It's just a tool and doesn't care about whether you use it conventionally or not. You can just use it however you want and it will take care of the rest. Documents don't have to be in their format, you just drag them in with the mouse pointer. Once there, save to pdf.

Comment

I prefer OOo too.

I can place and size the graphics exactly the way I want, with or with out captions or interspersed text, and when all looks write I let OOo create the pdf.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Open any file in it's associated program be it text, image, or whatever and go to file -> print. Select PDF. That's it!
            Registered Linux user #346571

Comment

Well, I found out there's a OOo and LO extension that makes documents out of pictures. AddPics
              Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
              Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
              Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
              Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

I use these along with cups-pdf:

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=11505
                http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php...?content=37321

Note I'm using 10.04.1

Please Read Me

Comment

image2pdf works fine

Comment

If you want to go the gui route, converseen is a batch converter that uses imagemagick to convert multiple images into pdf files on a one-to-one basis. Then use pdfchain to join them together.
                    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
                    X