X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i get this website to work?

http://www.playok.com/en/chess/

^ i'm using Reconq browser and i think java is already installed? Anyway, it wont work. So i downloaded Java bin file but i have no clue how to install it?

everytime i open downloaded files, it loads in an archiver and i have no clue what to do?

Re: How do i get this website to work?

Follow #9 on the FAQs in my signature.

Comment

Tip #9 doesn't work, and the Java pointed to by the redirect from the chess page is for an old version of Java. I've replaced the OpenJDK 6 with the "Sun Java 6 JDK, JRE, Plugins, etc. I've got Konq-plugins installed, ...

Nothing works, and there is no configure or menu option to point to the java executables and plugins.
      Not only that, when testing the java installation on the Java site the test hangs the dialog and kills rekonq.

Konqueror, on the other hand, works fine at that chess site.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

rekonq has some further development needed (IMO) before it becomes a full-fleged replacement for Konqueror.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

i'll check into konquer then...i hope i can easily transfer my favorites

Comment

rekonq doesn't support Java at the moment. Technically, its qtwebkit that doesn't support it yet (if I am not mistaken), so if you use webkit backend for konqueror, it won't work with java either.

Comment

Working...
            X