This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this work with kubuntu?

I am looking to build myself a new machine for the next few years and found tis:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/16812/...ir_iv_extreme/

Sweet
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: Will this work with kubuntu?

Originally posted by Fintan
    I am looking to build myself a new machine for the next few years and found tis:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/16812/...ir_iv_extreme/
    Another one in their series of wickedly overpriced mainboards, with lots of mostly useless enhancements just to pull more money out of the pockets of any dumb sheep who are willing to pay for it
    If you really want to throw your money out of the window, you obviously have plenty of it to waste it like that.
    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Do you need "remote iPhone overclocking"?

As you’d expect from a ROG board, there’s plenty of overclocking potential as well. ASUS allow you to remotely control the overclock using a Bluetooth cellphone, over USB from a connected notebook, or even from a new iPhone app called ROG iDirect.

Connectivity includes gigabit ethernet, two FireWire ports, four USB 3.0 ports, thirteen USB 2.0 ports and 8-channel audio, while there are six SATA 6Gb/s, two SATA 3Gb/s and two external SATA 3Gb/s ports. We’re waiting to hear back from ASUS as to what the ROG Crosshair IV Extreme might cost.
      Here are some specs:
      [img width=400 height=287]http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ASUS-Crosshair-IV-Extreme-specs-540x388.jpg[/img]

There were other specs listed, but I didn't find any specific identification of the wlan chip, if it has one.

It deserves at at least 8GB of RAM and 1/2 Terrabyte of HD !
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

its really going to depend on what chip set it uses for each of the parts you should look and see about the north bridge /south bridge chip set as they will control most things. (AMD 890FX/SB850). i like how you can used MIXED gpu's in crossfire/SLI mode. As far as i know this would be the first board to do such a thing.so who knows what that is going to do for your video.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
          ...so who knows what that is going to do for your video.
          or, if the board will give Kubuntu & it's Linux kernel trouble. BUT, except for the foxconn board in which the BIOS had code it it which deliberately trapped for the Linux OS and sent it to la la land, I suspect that it will run fine on the more recent Linux kernels.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X