This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best tax software ??

MY wife having jumped in to full Linux mode ( no windoze on our pcs anymore). She and i wanted to knwo is ther any Good Tax sofe ware foe linux like the turbo tax and tax cut for windoze??

Re: Best tax software ??

I can tell you I use Turbo Tax, but I run that in a virtual machine of XP. I've never run across any software for Linux systems.

Comment

I don't buy tax programs anymore, because I run Linux I can safely use online tax programs recommended by the IRS on their site.

One such site is CompleteTax. If you are retired you can get do your taxes for free for both state and federal. Otherwise it varies between $19 and $59 (IIRC). The package is very complete and easy to do. I also like the fact that I can carry last year's info forward without having to re-enter it.

EDIT: Detonate reminded me about electronic filing, which is another reason why I use online tax apps.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Tax preparation software is the only reason I still have XP installed. I volunteer with the AARP Tax Assistance Program that provides free tax preparation and electronic filing for people. The software they use only runs in Windows. They also have an online version but it will only run with IE. For my personal taxes, I use the Turbo Tax online program for my federal taxes and my state, Colorado has it's own online filing site. The online sites are getting better every year and can now handle almost any situation.

Comment

I've filed with TurboTax online for the last three years. Runs fine under Firefox once you click the "unsupported browser, run TT anyway" button.
          we see things not as they are, but as we are.
          -- anais nin

Comment

thnk you every one :0

Comment

Working...
            X