This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound issues

someone help me, i can get normal sounds for the computer prompts but i can't get the sound to work for any multimedia purpose. music, movies, shows, nothing works, on or offline. can someone help me? when i look for my sound card in the konsole it says that my driver is snd-hda-intel, the HDA intel generic, and the alsmixer says that nothings been muted, but i can't get it to work...

help please?

Re: sound issues

Often PCM is muted and that is the one which needs to be turned up. That was the case on a recent 10.04 installation here. I know you said nothing is muted - I'm just double checking.

Comment

wow, all the past 4 hours of installing, uninstalling, reconfiguring, and playing with linux drivers and alsamixer and i forgot to turn up the pcm lol. thanks for the help

Comment

Yes, that is a common stumbling block and I've spent hours myself until I found the problem. I don't know why PCM is often off by default. I'm glad it worked for you.

Comment

Some audio devices have a "Digital" slider that is set to 0.
          However, KMix often does not display it and so the user has to run alsamixer to turn it up.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X