X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

password

Hi,
    I've registered a few days ago and had to request a new password at least 3 times, and not because I 'forgot' the password.

Is that necessary?

Also how does one contact kubuntu with questions like this? Here or....?
    Thanks,
    Diederic

Re: password

You have a gmail emal account. Check your spam settings.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by diederc
      Also how does one contact kubuntu with questions like this? Here or....?
      You may ask questions here, of course. Also please see these pages:

You may also want to read the articles linked in my signature. I think they should prove quite helpful, but YMMV. And welcome
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Thanks Snowhog & Telengard,

Snowhog: where do I find spam settings? and what then?

Diederic

Comment

Dated, so things may have changed, but look at Gmail Marks Legitimate Emails as SPAM! How To Correct This?

Also see Legitimate mail is marked as spam
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog,
            I checked spam, but didn't find anything from kubuntu in spam folder.
            So I would say that can't be the issue.
            Any other suggestions, because it does seem weird that I have to request a new password everytime I log in.
            Thanks,
            Diederic

Comment

It seems most likely that you are typing in the password wrongly.

Choose a simple password with only 12 letters and digits. Do not include any special characters or symbols which are not plain ASCII. Type it into a plain text document with Kate. Do not use a word processor or HTML editor like OpenOffice. Save the document to your desktop, home folder, or other location where you can easily find it later. Keep Kate open.

Change your password on the web site to the one you just recorded in Kate, and log out of the web site. Then try logging back in by copying the password from Kate.

The reason for the above procedure is that all web sites have restrictions on password length and valid characters. Most don't tell you what those restrictions are. Most web sites do not warn you if your password has too many characters or if it included invalid characters. When you next try to log in you will simply be told your login was "invalid" or "unrecognized".

If you want to you can try again with a more complex password by adding some characters or using special characters. The only reason for doing so would be to protect your login from being stolen in an automated attack (which does happen on the web.)
              Welcome newbies!
              Verify the ISO
              Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Originally posted by diederc
                I checked spam, but didn't find anything from kubuntu in spam folder.
                Did you check the trash folder?
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                X