Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find .deb or .rpm package of Python Kdevelop4-extra-plugins?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find .deb or .rpm package of Python Kdevelop4-extra-plugins?

I'm new to Python, KDE and to Ubuntu so please bear with me. I just installed Kdevelop4 and now I want to add the python plug-in. Is this available as a .deb or .rpm anywhere? If not, how do I go about installing it on Lucid i686 ?

Re: Where can I find .deb package of Python Kdevelop4-extra-plugins?

Warning: I don't use Kdevelop4 (I like Qt) so this may not work (note the caveat at the bottom of the description)!

As far as I can tell, there is no .deb of the Python plugin for Kdevelop4, BUT there is a .rpm out there. Accordingly, you can install from the .rpm by using the "alien" tool which is in the repositories. It converts .rpm packages to .deb
    Alien allows you to convert LSB, Red Hat, Stampede and Slackware Packages into Debian packages, which can be installed with dpkg. It can also generate packages of any of the other formats. This is a tool only suitable for binary packages.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
      Warning: I don't use Kdevelop4 (I like Qt) so this may not work (note the caveat at the bottom of the description)!

As far as I can tell, there is no .deb of the Python plugin for Kdevelop4, BUT there is a .rpm out there. Accordingly, you can install from the .rpm by using the "alien" tool which is in the repositories. It converts .rpm packages to .deb
      Alien allows you to convert LSB, Red Hat, Stampede and Slackware Packages into Debian packages, which can be installed with dpkg. It can also generate packages of any of the other formats. This is a tool only suitable for binary packages.
      Oh Al, that would be a huge leap forward for me. While not a .deb (which would be a ideal) it would be so much better than the alternatives. Where could I find the .rpm package then?

Comment

HERE (among other places). Google (Linux) "kdevelop4 python".

Comment

Al, I had previously (and still continue to) google for .deb or .rpm of the Python Kdevelop4-extra-plugin but i haven't had luck yet. The link above that you gave - maybe its not the one you'd meant to paste, because it doesn't have a Kdevelop4-extra-plugin for Python .rpm package. Is there another that you'd meant to give?

Comment

Re: Where can I find .deb or .rpm package of Python Kdevelop4-extra-plugins?

I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong link. The good news, however, is that while searching with google linux, for the correct ".rpm" link I found The Official Kubuntu Kdevelop4 Announcement!

Comment

Working...
            X