This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to hide email address ?

I have "Hide email address from public?" enabled in my Account Related Settings but my email adrress is still visible to members, however I see that some forum members have their email address hidden from other members. How do you do this ?

Thanx.
    Kubuntu 10.04

Re: How to hide email address ?

Your's is hidden. Each member sees their email address, regardless of whether they marked it "Hide email address from public" - You are not considered part of the public when logged in. You can test this easily: logout of KFN, than come back to KFN but don't log in. Look in the Forums for your posts and click on one of them and then click on your name to see the profile. You won't see your email address.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

OK. I think I understand what's happening. When I view some people's profile I see hidden and for some others I see an email address because these people haven't hidden their address.

I'm having trouble logging out atm:

"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again".

I'll try later.
      Kubuntu 10.04

Comment

Originally posted by Raffles10
        I'm having trouble logging out atm:

"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again".
        That's a cookies problem. Clear your cookies and you'll be logged out of KFN.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X