X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lucid Lynx rc

Hi
    I do not know why the Kubuntu Lucid Lynx forum is locked, perhaps, if indeed it is looked at by developers, they are too tired and wish to hear no more.
    1) RC is getting better and better with updates.
    2) However one cannot put an icon link on the desktop, only some terrible widqety icon. in KDE 4.4.2
    3) To the package maintainers, I wonder, do they hate the Seamonkey suite?
    A mouldy oldie Seamonkey 1.1.17 since perhaps the Hardy release in the repos, this is all that is available when 2.04 is current, and is now a rolling release that updates itself.
    Indeed one seamonkey 2.04 package should last a long time.

If anyone responsible for Kubuntu development sees this post
    Goodnight and Good Luck

Best
    El Zorro
    It should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler than it should be---Albert Einstein

2) However one cannot put an icon link on the desktop, only some terrible widqety icon. in KDE 4.4.2
    If I understand what you are saying here, open the application launcher ("menu" or "kicker", same thing), in the lower left of the panel. Find the program you want to put on your desktop, right click it, and choose "Add to desktop".

Seamonkey - you can still install the version from the website, which is what I use.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Hi,
      The Lucid section appeared to be closed to me when I first came here (I'm new here), but to me it seems to be working today after clicking on the "General" sub-catagory link (above those 7 posts).
      Kubuntu Forums > Kubuntu Discussion > 10.04 Lucid Lynx - UNDER DEVELOPMENT > "General"

In addition to what doctordruidphd said, you will need to "Unlock Widgets" before you can create a shortcut from the menu/kicker to the desktop. This shortcut creating feature amazes me because the shortcuts it creates will be locked into position and can't get deleted after the widgets are locked again. This is one of the things that helped bring me to KDE after 2 years of using Gnome.

I don't know. Interesting question though.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZorro
        Hi
        I do not know why the Kubuntu Lucid Lynx forum is locked, perhaps, if indeed it is looked at by developers, they are too tired and wish to hear no more.
        Regular KFN members have to post in the General sub-board under 10.04 Lucid Lynx - UNDER DEVELOPMENT. The 10.04 Lucid Lynx - UNDER DEVELOPMENT main board is restricted to Moderators and our host, Open Source.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanx for the reply,
          I use the website tgz version too, but ordinary mortals using apt-get install seamonkey, will be probably severely disappointed, so why not a seamonkey2.04.deb package, instead of leaving that mouldy oldie seamonkey1.1.17.deb package there forever and a day, that is worse than MS tendencies.
          Cheers
          El Zorro

Originally posted by doctordruidphd
          If I understand what you are saying here, open the application launcher ("menu" or "kicker", same thing), in the lower left of the panel. Find the program you want to put on your desktop, right click it, and choose "Add to desktop".

Seamonkey - you can still install the version from the website, which is what I use.
          It should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler than it should be---Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanx for Nr 2 comment,
            a bit convoluted but works, and not as intuitive as Karmic,wit drag, R click and make link option though

Originally posted by ankspo71
            Cheers
            El Zorro
            Hi,
            The Lucid section appeared to be closed to me when I first came here (I'm new here), but to me it seems to be working today after clicking on the "General" sub-catagory link (above those 7 posts).
            Kubuntu Forums > Kubuntu Discussion > 10.04 Lucid Lynx - UNDER DEVELOPMENT > "General"

In addition to what doctordruidphd said, you will need to "Unlock Widgets" before you can create a shortcut from the menu/kicker to the desktop. This shortcut creating feature amazes me because the shortcuts it creates will be locked into position and can't get deleted after the widgets are locked again. This is one of the things that helped bring me to KDE after 2 years of using Gnome.

I don't know. Interesting question though.

Comment

A bug report > Bug #461864: [FFe] Update Seamonkey to 2.0.x

A fix (for the Lucid) > [ubuntu/lucid] seamonkey 2.0.4+nobinonly-0ubuntu1 (Accepted)
              Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
              1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
              2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
              X