This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 7 Days Left ?

I see the above blurb on the main Kubuntu page which I use as a Home Page. The 7 Days left referring to Kubuntu 10.04 LTS. Further reading leads me to understand that the offer has to do with security updates.
    I had always believed that whenever I might download a Kubuntu I had access to free security updates.

Will someone comment on this item and Update me..no pun intended..

Re: Only 7 Days Left ?

It means there are only 7 days to launch, so there's only 7 days left for me as a beta tester

7 days to lift off (or something lynx-like) might have made more sense

Comment

Originally posted by sqlpython
      I see the above blurb on the main Kubuntu page which I use as a Home Page. The 7 Days left referring to Kubuntu 10.04 LTS. Further reading leads me to understand that the offer has to do with security updates.
      I had always believed that whenever I might download a Kubuntu I had access to free security updates.

Will someone comment on this item and Update me..no pun intended..
      If you are using Karmic, you will get security updates for at least 12 more months after Lucid is released. This is because Canonical supports each release for at least 18 months after it is released. Lucid, however, is a special "LTS" (long term service) release, meaning that you will get support for at least 3 years, instead of the usual 18 month period. This makes it ideal for large-scale installations and stuff like that. I believe that this will only be the second LTS release (correct me if I'm wrong) of Kubuntu, and LTS editions come out about every three years (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by hackeradam
        I believe that this will only be the second LTS release (correct me if I'm wrong) of Kubuntu, and LTS editions come out about every three years (I think).
        Correct. Lucid Lynx will be Kubuntu's second LTS release. It would have been the third, as it will be for Ubuntu, but the decision was to use KDE 4.0 instead of continuing with KDE 3.5.x. KDE 4 wasn't 'mature' enough to allow Kubuntu Hardy Heron to be accepted and designated as an LTS release.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Now it is only three days left - no wonder I am getting sweaty and hot and my heart is racing like a long-distance-runner after climbing a tree, jumping over a four foot wall, and running around Lake Eyrie like it was some garden pond THREE days my friends, and then the Lucid Lynx with its purple overcoat of Light will be shining at all of us - as we are still getting over the fact that our systems loaded in under ten seconds instead of the ten minutes that Windows 7 is supposed to be loading at, by some angry microsoftees

Ahh! Sweet Bliss! We got the system that does it all and blows the Bill Gates of this world far, far, away - to some distant galaxy were old farts like Sailor Bill can't endanger newer species of Operating Systems... :P
          Terabyte<br /><br />Non sibi sed omnibus (Not for oneself, but for all)

Comment

Working...
          X