This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-bird in lucid ?

I just installed lucid beta 2. In T-bird I get this mess when trying to get mail.

mail server does not support secure authentication. I've unchecked the security stuff, changed the port to 25, still can't get mail. I can get ok. Any ideas or is this a bug?
    Thanks.

Re: T-bird in lucid ?

I'm running T-Bird in Lucid (64bit) with no problems.

POP is on port 110 with no security and SMTP is on port 25 with no security either.

What does your ISP mail protocol expect?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

That's the way I have it set. It works fine in 8.04,9.04 and 9,10. I check it out next time I boot into lucid.

Comment

Try a reinstall T-Bird ... can't hurt ...
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I finally got it working, I had to complete remove T-bird >then copied my complete folder to /home > then reinstalled T-bird.
          Thanks for your response.

Comment

Hmmm.. that seemed unnecessary but if it worked.
            I will have to remember that Scott. Perhaps you should post a How-To on our home forum.

Comment

Were you using T'Bird 2 in 9.10?

If so the problem may well have been the 2 and 3 install themselves in different hidden folders within the home directory.

When I upgraded to 3 I ran it once to create a default profile and copied the contents of the T'bird 2 profile folder into that for 3. Crude but effective

Comment

Working...
              X