This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Karmic Medibuntu Repos

Subject says it all. The medibuntu repos for my Karmic systems hang every time it gets to fetching from there. Anybody else?

Re: Problems with Karmic Medibuntu Repos

Ya, the medibuntu servers are down and won't be back up until Wednesday afternoon. They upgraded their Lighttcp server on the 17th and haven't been up since.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks GG! I also just noticed this post here. SEARCH FIRST! Oops!

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...;boardseen#new

Comment

To run your updates without hanging on the Medibuntu repository temporarily rename your /etc/apt/sources.d file to something like /etc/apt/baksources.d. When Medibuntu server is again available simply rename it back to its original name.

Comment

I upgrades via Synaptic. I opened the repositories dialog and unchecked the medibuntnu repository, reloaded, marked all updates and clicked apply. When the medibuntu repositories come back on line I will recheck them, reload, mark all upgrades and click apply.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

As of right now, packages.medibuntu.org is responding to ping requests, which it has not done for the last several days. So I suppose it is either fixed, or will be soon.

Edit: confirmed, it's alive, at least for lucid.
            We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Good! Thanks for the notice!

Comment

Thanks for the update!

Comment

Thank you all for the info! I was beginning to think my network was being silly again!

Comment

Working...
                  X