Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kweather don't Work in Dapper Kubuntu...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kweather don't Work in Dapper Kubuntu...

I've been trying to get Kweather to work on my Kubuntu Dapper System.
    When I was running Mepis a while back before an upgrade of Hardware, It worked Great.

I had it running in Hoary and Breezy.
    But it won't work in Dapper?

I keep getting Station doesn't Exist... Does'nt matter at all which i try, Samething....
    I keep getting the reading 0000.

What don't make any since is that after I add the Station i want, and Hit Update it will go from the ? mark, to a rain icon, or clear icon what have ya...

But it will not CHANGE at all on my kicker... Just the same old ? mark..?

Am I missing something?
    Does anyone know how to fix it?

I've read in the forums about others that have had this problem, but have read of No real solutions.
    One had mentioned about Upgrading to Full kde but would that foul up anything in the Kubuntu OS itself?

Or is there another program in Adept that I can use to do the Samething as Kweather?

If there is what is it?
    And what pkgs do I need to download with it?

Any HEELLLLLP I'd be Grateful....

Re: Kweather don't Work in Dapper Kubuntu...

This is a known bug, (in the Kubuntu system since May). I don't know if they're waiting for an upstream fix or if it's strictly Kubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
      This is a known bug, (in the Kubuntu system since May). I don't know if they're waiting for an upstream fix or if it's strictly Kubuntu.
      Thanks for the Quick Response, I'm most Grateful....

Comment

Hello,

I was having the same problem with kweather. What I did to solve the problem was to manually edit /home/user/.kde/share/config/weather_panelappletrc and add my weather station. I changed "report_location=" to "report_location=KSEA" and everything was working as it should.

Then, to update the weather icons to something more fitting for KDE, I added updated PNGs from http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/kweathericons/ and copied them over the existing images in /usr/share/apps/kweather/

Hope this works for you. Good luck!

Comment

I thought it not working was just me :P

If you use Firefox, and tend to have a browser open regularly, I'd recommend the ForecastFox extension...displays weather conditions in the bottom bar of FF, and updates regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
            This is a known bug, (in the Kubuntu system since May).  I don't know if they're waiting for an upstream fix or if it's strictly Kubuntu.
            I'm having trouble trying to decipher what other bugs still exist, what version it applies to, and whether it's a Kubuntu or KDE issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Opera 9's weather widget called Touch the Sky works quite nicely.

Comment

The Superkaramba widget works nicely for me and looks a heck of a lot nicer than Kweather (which did work for me).

Comment

The original bug (#44625 in Malone) seems to have been fixed. A new bug (#56189) seems to make it impossible to configure kweather, but my kweather is now working properly.

Comment

Working...
                  X