This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for FAT64 AKA exFAT

Does Linux in general, and Kubuntu specifically, now support FAT64? I have heard that patches are available for the kernal that will allow this, but the source was not 100% reliable.

Does anybody know for certain. I did a search here and came up empty-handed.

--Lee

Re: Support for FAT64 AKA exFAT

exFAT
    An experimental, open source Linux kernel module that supports the reading of exFAT files is currently under development.[5] A closed source, read/write Linux driver, licensed and derived from the Microsoft exFAT driver, is available for purchase from Tuxera
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I hate to put it to you this way, but copy/pasting from Wikipedia is not helpful. And if you had followed up that link first, you'd have found that it dead-ended almost a year ago.

I'm looking for a real world answer. Is there a plan within the Linux/Ubuntu/Kubuntu development communities to extend support to exFAT?

Comment

Originally posted by ashgrove
        I'm looking for a real world answer. Is there a plan within the Linux/Ubuntu/Kubuntu development communities to extend support to exFAT?
        I don't know whether there are any plans or not, but given the amount of time and effort put into NTFS it seems inevitable that working support for FAT64 would emerge eventually. That may not offer much comfort if you need support right now, but TBH this is the first I've read anything about FAT64.
        Welcome newbies!
        Verify the ISO
        Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

the onley thing I could find ........in a reasnabel amount of time ........for me.......sense I have no nead for it yet.

was this .............. derived from Snowhog's link.

http://www.tuxera.com/products/exfat...edded-systems/

at the bottom of the shpeel it sead

Tuxera exFAT for Embedded Systems will be first available for Linux.
          VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
          X