This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best mp3 player to work with Kubuntu, automatic resume on battery loss

Hi I am looking for a mp3 player that will continue playing where it left off even after it is switched off or batteries are replaced, so that audio books will resume without tedious searching. Also I'd like to have a nice display, since the shuffle I got for merchandise is driving me crazy :-) And of course, it needs to play nice with Kubuntu, yeah And of course I don't want to blow a lot of cash...

Thanks so much for your suggestions,
    Gletscher

Re: Best mp3 player to work with Kubuntu, automatic resume on battery loss

Check out Creative Zen. I've got an 8 GB version and am very pleased.
    It has big and very good display, size of a credit card and it has good battery life. I think it supports audio books but I'm not sure that it will continue where it stopped after a battery is fully drained out. I know that when I turn it off in the middle of a song it continues after turning on.

In Kubuntu I transfer files with Amarok 2 and Gnomad. And I use winff to convert video so it could be watched on Zen.

Comment

thanks alot for the hint, I will check it out! (could you try the battery stress test?)

Greetings, Gletscher

Comment

I would like to test the battery with some audio book (that's what considers you the most?) but since I never used one could you give me a hint where I can find some free or samples?

Comment

Working...
        X