X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the emachine win7 refund...

Originally posted by Snowhog
    Originally posted by MoonRise
    It only serves to keep Windows in the Dominant.
    The 'truth' about how BG obtained QDOS, which would become DOS, and the foundation upon which the M$ empire would be built, will likely never be known other than by BG himself, and I've no doubt that he will take that knowledge to the grave. This acquisition and the future he saw in licensing it to IBM on the personal computers they were marketing, started what amounted to the biggest boon to the developing company M$ would become. BG saw the marketing value of packaging personal computers with an operating system. It was this single scheme that started propelling the fledgling company into what would become the M$ Empire.

One has to admire the vision and drive he had. That it (probably) was underhanded, manipulative, and 'just not very nice' only colors the man himself. Unfortunately, his beliefs were imprinted on his company - and enforced. The 'Evil Empire' that M$ is often referred to as, is a reflection of underlying principles they operate by. The 'little guy' is not to be ignored. Absorb him, or destroy him. Competition isn't something M$ sees as healthy, which is why they make (every) effort to quash it where ever they can.
    More eloquently put, but yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      The 'truth' about how BG obtained QDOS, which would become DOS, and the foundation upon which the M$ empire would be built, will likely never be known other than by BG himself, and I've no doubt that he will take that knowledge to the grave.
      One has to admire the vision and drive he had. That it (probably) was underhanded, manipulative, and 'just not very nice' only colors the man himself. Unfortunately, his beliefs were imprinted on his company - and enforced. The 'Evil Empire' that M$ is often referred to as, is a reflection of underlying principles they operate by. The 'little guy' is not to be ignored. Absorb him, or destroy him. Competition isn't something M$ sees as healthy, which is why they make (every) effort to quash it where ever they can.
      Bill Gates was a clever young kid, but he didn't have the legal or business skills to make "Micro-soft" as successful as it became without help ... the help of his lawyer father. I have no doubts that his father guided him in all things legal and in business tactics, right up to the day BG "retired" to his "Foundation". That "charitable foundation" is used to force Windows on gift recipients.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

so i just got off the phone w/ microsoft.. and as everyone here expects they can't help me .. they only offer refunds for copies that you got with out a computer... but i did like how she tried to tell me is a vendors choice to ship w/ windows.. they don't twist there arms or ne thing..

ok so now that its day time lets try to call emachines again..
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

so i just got off the chat w/ another rep from emachines.. basicly it went like the first one.. but i got a feed back link so feel free to give them feed back about supporting free software or providing a refund for pre-installed oses ..

http://support.gateway.com/customerr...124&template=0

it seams that gateway,acer and emachines are the same company....
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

it seams that gateway,acer and emachines are the same company....

Yep. Acer bought them a while back. I wasn't too upset with the e-machine purchase since I never have liked their systems, but I was kind of upset over the Gateway purchase. Not that I'm against Acer. I love my Acer, but I just saw it as a way to remove competition and now there won't be a choice on system setups. All Acers, Gateways and e-machines are manufactured by the same Acer factories.

Comment

Working...
            X