Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Functioanlity of Smartcard readers, fingerprint readers, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Functioanlity of Smartcard readers, fingerprint readers, etc.

Okay, so I started using Kubuntu about two months ago and I am in love. I am amazed I put up with Microsoft for so long. I've also used OSX and I now prefer Linux over that as well. Never look back!

Anyway, I have a question about running various devices with Linux, specifically things like smart card readers, fingerprint readers, media card readers, media hot keys, etc.

I am looking at buying a new Dell laptop from the Latitude line and I would like to be able to use these features.

Additionally I would like to use Linux in my business and completely disown any other operating system. I want Linux on my servers, desktops, laptops, netbooks, etc.

I have already found suitable accounting software, office programs, database solutions, etc.

Now for the cherry on top I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of a good tutorial or book on using the features from newer laptops listed above.

Also, does anyone know if you can use Dell Latitude ON with Linux or have a custom module built with an uber-light and fast Linux derivative that does the same thing?

Working...
X