This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't logout of kubuntuforum!!

I can't log out of the forum. Sometimes I log on from a different PC than the one I'm on now, could that be the cause.

Can anyone give suggestions as to how I can log out of the forum? I keep clicking logout only to get a message that says: An Error Has Occurred: "session verification failed,please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

System<br />HP Pavilion 061 with dual boot,&nbsp; Kubuntu Lucid 10.04 &amp; Windows XP Professional SP3<br />model#: PU061AV<br />X-86 based PC<br />AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+1.79GHz<br />2 GB of RAM<br />Video:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (dedicated)<br />hard drive: Maxtor 6Y080M0, 60GB

Re: Can't logout of kubuntuforum!!

Two things. 1) If you logged in from a different PC - you thus had multiple logons in KFN - and then logged out from one of them, as far as KFN is concerned, you are logged out, even though your other connection on the other PC indicates you are logged on. You can press your Reload/Refresh button and you might find that you are actually logged out. 2) this can also happen on a single PC with multiple occurrences of your login in your browsers cookies tracker. If you look at your cookies, you'll find more than one entry for kubuntuforums. Sometimes, deleting all but one of them solves this issue.

Otherwise, just close the browser. I have cookies set to be treated as session cookies, so they are all removed when I close the browser.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Deleting all cookies listed for the page did the trick! Thank you Snow Hog!
      System<br />HP Pavilion 061 with dual boot,&nbsp; Kubuntu Lucid 10.04 &amp; Windows XP Professional SP3<br />model#: PU061AV<br />X-86 based PC<br />AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+1.79GHz<br />2 GB of RAM<br />Video:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (dedicated)<br />hard drive: Maxtor 6Y080M0, 60GB

Comment

Cookies may be desirable for Santa, but sometimes they give your PC indigestion!
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

LOL this is one of the funniest post I've ever seen xD

No offense or anything really .. but it is kinda funny : P

When I read the title I thought it would be cookies issue.

Nice comments on cookies though ; )

enjoy

Comment

Working...
          X