• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror Settings - Web Shortcuts problem

Kubuntu Jaunty 9.04
    KDE 4.3.2
    Konqueror 4.3.2

I just noticed, that the options to Edit and Delete existing Web Shortcuts are not 'active' - they are grayed and can not be clicked.

This isn't normal. Anyone else observing this 'behavior,' and more specifically, found the solution for it?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Konqueror Settings - Web Shortcuts problem

Believe I've figured out 'why.'

Searchproviders .desktop files are located at /usr/share/kde4/services/searchproviders while user created entries are located at ~/.kde/share/kde4/services/searchproviders

However, even the user created entires are not editable or deletable via the Web Shortcuts in Settings. And I've already verified that the user created entries are not in the /usr/share/kde4/services/searchproviders directory. This directories contents are owned by root:root.

Previously, a user could edit or delete these web shortcuts, but not now. I might accept that those in the root owned directory would be denied to the non-root user, but the ones I've created are being denied modification or deletion as well!

Now, I can work directly with the .desktop files in the /usr/share/kde4/services/searchproviders directory, but I shouldn't have to do this. I could simply copy/change ownership of all the .desktop files into ~/.kde/share/kde4/services/searchproviders, but again, I shouldn't have to.

Any thoughts?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X