This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking For A Different KDE File Manager

I am getting used to Konqueror but I would still like to try an alternative.

I have been running Ubuntu for a year or so, I tried Kubuntu at first but it was so buggie at the time that is how I ended up at Ubuntu. I tested Kubuntu's dapper flights and it has improved so much I upgraded to Kububtu 6.06. Can someone recommend an alternative to Konqueror for me ?

sarah

Re: Looking For A Different KDE File Manager

You can try Nautilus, Gnome's file manager.
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by aysiu
      You can try Nautilus, Gnome's file manager.
      That is one of the thiings that used to crash KDE ! Is that fixed ? I love Nautilus but do not want to crash my Kubuntu. What do you think ?

Comment

So you're saying Nautilus crashes in KDE, but Konqueror's fine, but you just want to try something else other than Konqueror?
        Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by aysiu
          So you're saying Nautilus crashes in KDE, but Konqueror's fine, but you just want to try something else other than Konqueror?
          Yes, that is correct, I just want to try something else. Konqueror works fine. But in a old version of Kubuntu, I think it was in 5.04, nautilus did crash KDE for me.

Saying that, a lot of other things crashed Kubuntu at that time also until now, my system just did not like something, software, hardware or whatever.............lol

Comment

Other alternative File Managers would be ROX-filer (ROX/Xfce) and Krusader (twin-panel file manager/KDE). I personally haven't tried those out so I can't really comment on them.
            Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

hi,

I'd recommend thunar. Real cool stuff from Xfce.

Comment

Adept package manager or apt-get couldn't find Krusader and I did not have any luck at compiling the .tar

But I did install thunar, so I will try that for a while and see if it is something that I would rather use.

thanks all,
                sarah

Comment

Working...
                X