This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some questions regarding RAID1

I am currently using kubuntu 8.04 32bit. I have purchased two identical sata hard drives which I would like to use in a RAID1 configuration for music storage. I boot my kubuntu off a separate hard drive. I noticed my motherboard has 6 regular SATA inputs plus 2 extras ones labeled SATA7 and SATA8 which are controlled by JMB322. My motherboard booklet states that sata7 & 8 support raid0/ raid1 JBOD function and you can set raid mode in BIOS setup. I am guessing I will have to format both hard drives to ext3, then boot into BIOS and set it on raid1 ( mirror ) My real question is, once I accomplish this task...what do I have to do specifically once I boot into Kubuntu. Will my Kubuntu see them as 1 Drive? Or will I have to do something with Gparted or some other program? Any input is appreciated. By the way, I am listing the hardware I will be using. And can you get a UUID from the raid1 configuration to add to fstab for auto mounting at boot up?

Motherboard : MSI 790FX-GD70
    2 SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB

P.S If I am successful and in the future one hard drive fails, what do I do to restore the RAID1 setup ? Do I simply switch it out?

Re: Some questions regarding RAID1

There may be some useful info here:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3106012.0

Comment

Working...
    X