Code:
    How to install a KDM theme

Download and unzip the theme archive. 
    Put the theme folder in ~/.kde/share/apps/kdm/themes 
    Edit your ~/.kde/share/config/kdm/kdmrc 
    Change or add the line Theme=~/.kde/share/apps/kdm/themes/"THEMENAME" 
    Restart KDE 
    Have fun! :-)
    But... when I try to put new theme folder there.. I don't lets me do it. What do I type in Konsole to transfer folder there.

Re: Changing KDM Theme...

Yeah, those instructions never work.

If it's a KDM theme, there are two steps involved (it's a lot easier to install a GDM theme than a KDM one--one advantage Gnome has over KDE):

1. Unzip the theme to /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes
    You'll need to do this with root privileges. So if you're unzipping from the command-line, use sudo in front of your command. If you're unzipping graphically, use
    Code:
    kdesu konqueror
    to temporarily browse as root.

2. Edit (again as root) the /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc file and change the line that says /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes/kubuntu to /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes/yourthemename
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

There is a kcontrol-kdetheme dunno if it can help but you can try.

Comment

thks. got it.

Comment

There is an easier way to do all that in KDE, but I haven't completely perfected/documented that art yet.

Install the package kdmtheme and restart KDE. You will now have an entry in KControl/System Settings called KDM Theme Manager.

Now click that, and enter into Administrator Mode. Click on Install, and look for the .tar.gz kdm theme you downloaded. I repeat, the .tar.gz archive. No need to uncompress it anywhere. KDM Theme Manager will uncompress it for you and put it in /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes/. It will then be installed and added to the list of KDM Themes. Click on the theme you wish to use and click Apply.
          Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Working...
          X