This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Webserver

Does anybody know why this site is using the Microsoft-IIS/6.0 server software? Seems a little hypocritical to me!

Re: Site Webserver

The Kubuntu Forums front page has:

Welcome All KubuntuForums Guests and Members

...snip...

IMPORTANT: If you are new to KubuntuForums, please take the time to read the following two articles:

Please Read Before Posting
    SEARCH BEFORE POSTING

If you search:

- Topic: Is this forum windows served?
    - Topic: Are you using MS Windows to power this forum
    - etc...
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: Site Webserver

Asked and answered many times already. Your statement is impolite.

Our Host, Open Source, has provided this Forum for the benefit of all Linux/Kubuntu users, without charge to guests or registered members, and all out of his own pocket.

When someone goes to the effort and personal expense to prepare a feast, then sends out open invitations to come and enjoy the meal, those that show up should simply say 'thank you.' If one finds the fare not to their liking, you don't comment to the host 'Why are you serving this?' or 'I don't like that.' If one finds the fare, or what the fare is served on, not to their liking, the polite thing is to just say 'thank you' and take your leave.

That said, I am not suggesting that you 'take you leave;' far from it. It's just that this particular question keeps getting asked.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X