Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu io theme for the 10.04 LTS Release (download)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kubuntu io theme for the 10.04 LTS Release (download)

just tried to install via your script and i get errors...

this is the first color theme i tried to install and had to manually create the 'color-scheme' folder (after placing the color theme i can use it from System settings).

and same error on the qtcurve theme.. currently working that one out, it also does not help that i have no $XDG_CONFIG_HOME var on my computer...so where do i put the stylerc file ?

[code= your scripts output]chris@Hvoe-laptop:~/kubuntu-io-install$ sh install
    cp: cannot create regular file `/home/chris/.kde/share/apps/color-schemes/': Is a directory
    cp: cannot create regular file `/qtcurve/': Is a directory [/code]
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
      just tried to install via your script and i get errors...

this is the first color theme i tried to install and had to manually create the 'color-scheme' folder (after placing the color theme i can use it from System settings).

and same error on the qtcurve theme.. currently working that one out, it also does not help that i have no $XDG_CONFIG_HOME var on my computer...so where do i put the stylerc file ?

[code= your scripts output]chris@Hvoe-laptop:~/kubuntu-io-install$ sh install
      cp: cannot create regular file `/home/chris/.kde/share/apps/color-schemes/': Is a directory
      cp: cannot create regular file `/qtcurve/': Is a directory [/code]
      My installation got stuck in a depency-loop and I had to reinstall everything and noticed the same thing, that the installer batches don't work. It's just that I don't know the bash / GNU/Linux syntax that well. Sorry about that.

stylerc can be put in /home/xxxx/.config/qtcurve/
      www.behance.net/Loadus

Comment

cool, will have to check it out when i get back home
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Just stumbled over you beautiful theme here on the forum. Noticed that the last post was in December. Has anything happened since then? Will this be a theme in the upcoming lynx-release. It really should. Kubuntu misses a nice standard theme like this. Keep it up anyway!

Comment

Yes, keep it up!

Didn't download yet, I'm just replying to the screens of your first post.

Is it your own QT theme or just original QTCurve? Could you modify it a bit as I wrote below?

What I really like in the Oxygen QT theme, are quite small margins in the controls. If you could reduce them in your theme, it would be wonderful. Second detail - if progressbars and scrollbars had gradients similar to Oxygen's ones, they would look a bit more fresh and modern. Actually, I don't like these scrollbars in your theme. Apart from gradient, I would like it to have a full-width track, not so narrow. And without these dots.
            And the third detail is arrows - in scrollbars, combo boxes etc. They don't match the whole theme in my opinion. Whole theme seems light and these arrows are such a black triangles. Borders and outlines are gray, so should be the arrows. And... could you do a bit lighter version?

But of course these are just a details. Overally theme looks professional, light and modern and this is what Kubuntu needs. Well done!

One more detail Wherever you put the Kubuntu logo, take care of this: https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Brand - Ubuntu gets a new one in Lucid. I would suggest creating a new logo for Kununtu, similar to the Ubuntu's new logo.

And if you made also a plasma theme, login screen, ksplash screen and wallpaper for Kubuntu, that would be totally awesome!

But maybye I want too much

Comment

It is any progress? I'm using this theme on openSUSE :P and on my Archlinux box, it's nice, congratulations. But I can't make the window decoration to look like the one in the picture, can somebody help me?

Thank you!

Comment

Jou jou

Very little progress has been made over this, since I'm fairly pleased with the QT settings etc and I've been busy with my book (just published, yay!). Main reason for not keeping this up is the fact that most people want the "mint" KDE with kubuntu, not a themed one. So all the pointless work went to waste. : / Hehe.

Anyhoo. When the 10.04 comes out, I'll post a step by step installation here so everyone who wants to use this can do it. Though I still would need a GNU licenced / free Futura font substitute ...
                www.behance.net/Loadus

Comment

"Previewed" your book there. All that your work! Nice!!!! Very good eye there! I enjoy good art. Congrats on the book!

Comment

There is any news about this project?

thanx

Comment

Originally posted by kari0ca
                      There is any news about this project?

thanx
                      There won't probably be anymore updates. The current *ubuntu distros and KDE are heading into so akward and unattractive graphic look that I find it's not worth doing this theme anymore (no offence to the graphic designers behind the software, this is just purely my own opinion). I might return to this someday but for now, everything you need is in the downloadable packs. You also need QTCurve installed (available in the package manager). : )
                      www.behance.net/Loadus

Comment

Originally posted by Loadus
                        - Is it too empty, colourless etc?
                        This. Also, the icons look kinda odd, and the folders look particularly freaky
                        Not my cup of tea.

Originally posted by Loadus
                        Hit me with your rhythmstick.
                        I don't have a rhythm stick, just this broom stick. Oh well, it will have to suffice *whack*
                        Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Working...
                        X