X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What vid card?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814195077
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16814102841R

I'm mainly a gamer but mess around with a little CAD/3D Modeling, but I want to keep it around $150-175 USD. This is the first computer I building. If you want to see a complete parts list- https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/M...px?ID=16514047
    ATI 100-505552 FirePro V3750 256MB 64-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Workstation Video Card
    0%
    SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X 100269VXL Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
    0%
    Registered Linux User 545823

Re: What vid card?

:P the sapphire is 256 bit while the other ATi is 64 bit :P clear winner there. Take the second one the sapphire vapor-x. The first option ATI card is only ddr3 while the sapphire is ddr5. The ATI first card is basically crap and not worth even thinking about as a gamer. U won't be able to run some games with that.

Also keep in mind that some day maybe good openGl games will come and even so keep the processor big and powerful. AMD processors are good at handling one major task like a high intensity game while Intel is good for multiple programs running at the same time. You may notice AMD is cheaper then Intel. Don't buy 1 or 3 core processors :\ those have 2 or 4 cores but one either is broken and disabled because of that or not and disabled, it's a game of luck. If u ever decide to over-clock u may have the luck of activating the second core with the right motherboard and then it either will become unstable and fry the whole thing or activate and u end up with a somewhat good dual or quad core. I suggest giving the extra 10 $ and staying away from the ones and threes. Note that only some motherboards can do this only with AMD processors. Google it if u want but it's a game of luck. Also if u have intentions of someday making it into a hackintosh go with intel.

Most games today don't need more then 2-4 gigs of ram so buy some good quality ddr3, money is better spent on quality then quantity esp if u are a gamer. Make sure the motherboard supports DDR3 ram if u do so.

Other big part of a pc build is the motherboard. Look at the vapor -x card it's SLI ready "CrossFire Supported Video Card" . If u want to use 2 video cards i suggest buying a motherboard which fully supports SLI, u can check it in the specs, also SLI is included in the motherboard name if it is. U can laways buy the seccodn video card a year or 2 later . If u buy intel processor then get a motherboard that supports ddr3 or 2 and the right socket for that processor. If u buy AMD make sure it's the right socket for the processor and support for ddr3 or 2. Depending what u buy :P i suggest ddr3 (because u R a gamer) . Also check how much ram u can add into the motherboard at max, the PCIE socket should be 2.0 . :P buying a high quality motherboard is crucial, a gamers motherboard needs to be capable of over-clocking. GIgabite and Asus motherboards esp Gigabite tend to be top notch. Stay away from MSI and cheap stuff.

For AMD processors make sure u buy a AM3 processor and the motherboard needs to support only AM3 processors.

Remember that to a good motherboard u can always add more ram and an extra video-card.

^^ and last but not least do not buy motherboards with built in video-cards! The built in ones are painfully slow and leach at the rest of the system resources.

(built every one of my pcs by myself)

Comment

q`thx for the info.

I'll take another look at procesors and motherboards too...

Comment

OK, so my list is over budget- but nothing I can't afford, The open-box vid card is sold-out, so it will cost about $200.

Current list

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $100

ASUS Striker II NSE LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard $240

Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W ATX12V v2.01 SLI Ready Power Supply $60

GIGABYTE GV-R489UD-1GD Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - $200

Kingston ValueRAM 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3N9/2G - $50

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400 - $170

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD753LJ 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -$70

Acer X193Wbd Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support - $140

Logitech S-220 17 Watts 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System - $25

Also on a newegg wishlist here- http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=16514047
        Any comments will be appreciated

Comment

wow if u can really afford that, great setup. Will keep u gaming for long time. Solid pc i'd say. It's really solid multimedia pc also.

Comment

Originally posted by moonscar
            wow if u can really afford that, great setup. Will keep u gaming for long time. Solid pc i'd say. It's really solid multimedia pc also.
            Been saving up quite a while for this

Comment

Working...
            X